Wednesday, September 5, 2018

First Day of Work

This pretty building changes colors.

I didn't post yesterday. It was a terribly long day.  I left my apartment at 6:05am and got back at about 9:40pm.

First of all, if I don't have buns o steel by the time I leave here, I am suing someone....Here's my day:

1) I  walk down five flights of stairs.
2) I was 25 minutes to the metro station. Along the way I go up and down another set of stairs.
3) At school I teach on the fourth floor where there are no elevators.  I have to walk up those stairs on three different occasions during the day, and thus I walk down them at three various times throughout the day.
4) I walk 25 minutes from the metro station to my apartment.
5) I walk up five flights of stairs.

Granted, this is only Tuesdays....My Thursdays only involve my stairs twice and two 25 minute walks, and my Fridays require my stairs, the four flights only two times, and two 25 minute walks.

And, this is all assuming that every other day of the week I just sit in my apartment.

The CDC would be proud of my exercise quota. =]

Seriously though, that's a lot of walking and stairs.  I don't have a scale here, and I forgot my measuring tape, but I'd be curious to know what my body is doing.  I *could* be eating a bit better, but I'm not worrying too much about that because, again, I'm doing a lot of moving.  However, I should fix up my eating a bit.

Oh! I did laundry today and I did not flood the apartment...I think the drain-o stuff I bought really helped...thank goodness. ^^

Work:

Yesterday was my first day of work. As I mentioned, Tuesdays are a long day.  Each class is approximately  100 minutes long, except for my one night a week night class which is like 3 hours long.  But, it's a long day.  I'm honestly exhausted by the end.

My classes are good.  I really like my one night a week class.  It's all girls, we're doing fun reading, and I think it will be a good class.

My morning classes (3 of them) are okay.  One class had like 50 students in it...which is wasn't supposed to have...some were in the wrong class, and some will probably switch around classes, but in the first two classes I ended up getting into Friday's material, so I went back today and added more to fill out that lesson a bit.  It's going to be a bit of a struggle with them...lots of group work I think.

Also...bathroms.  At school was the first time I had used public restrooms since in China...The only bathrooms at the school are the traditional kind.  I had forgotten my GoGirl at home and I actually ended up stripping from the waist down just because I was so nervous and not sure how to navigate these toilets.  And, there was no toilet paper!  Thankfully I had read this somewhere, so I did have a pack of tissues. ~sigh of relief~  I'm never leaving my GoGirl again. xD




I made a little friend on Campus.  A cute little kitty that literally flopped down on my shoes.  She was precious, and I hope that I see her tomorrow.



Money:

Yesterday I  spent 62RMB.  I had to put some money on my metro card.  It costs me a total of 10RMB to go to and from work, which means I'll have to put a larger amount on my card tomorrow, because I had only put ten on there to begin with. Oi.

Today, so far I have spent 68.5 RMB.  I bought milk and more water bottles.  On a side note, I didn't need to purchase any lunch because I had left over dumplings from lunch at school.  I think I'm going to see if I can find a container to put my leftovers in for future use because trying to ask for a bag every time is a pain.  Plus, it will seal better!  I will go grab dinner today, and I'm feeling like pizza...that's about 48RMB.

It's funny....so many of the Chinese people prefer eating non Chinese food! =] Go figure! xD

Dumplings:

I ate my leftover ones today and lemme tell you, the are great even reheated!

1 comment:

  1. KITTY!! 😍 send updates on the ones you see! Also, had to google gogirl, so glad I did, because I got a good laugh out of picturing you using it, AND peeing while squatting 😂 love you!

    ReplyDelete